Download this resume in PDF or MS Word format.
Results proven marketing professional, over twenty-eight years of progressive management experience in marketing, advertising and promotions. Strengths – developing / directing advertising and promotion campaigns, creating targeted broadcast and print plans, strategic planning, website management and SEO, eCampaigns, social media, blogging, promotion and creative development, competitive analysis, local store marketing, public relations and photography.
ASI SIGN SYSTEMS INC.
August 2012 to January 2015
Managed marketing activities of the company and franchisee network, developed and directed marketing activities including advertising, eCampaigns, seminars, production of collateral material, managed the company’s brand, website, lead generation and blog.
- Oversaw first major overhaul of website since 2009 involving updating two version levels in content management system software and implementation of search engine optimization.
- Developed and introduced tablet based sales presentation template software enabling sales consultants to customize presentations with clients to include local projects increasing credibility with clients.
- Introduced new sales lead search software with improved capabilities and cost savings over 60%.
DALLAS AREA RAPID TRANSIT (DART)
November 2008 to November 2011
Manager Advertising and Promotion
Managed DART’s advertising including external advertising agency contractor, internal media buying function and transit advertising agencies selling space on DART buses, rail and at rail stations. Developed and managed promotional programs and events with community, ethnic, civic, sports and cultural groups and media outlets to integrate DART into all market segments including expansion of rail lines and State Fair Service. Oversaw and managed DART’s retail store.
- Negotiated and implemented over 100 community partnerships resulting in over a 2 to 1 investment value. Among new partnerships brought to DART – Snowball Express (Dallas hosting of 2,000 children and family of fallen military who died while serving our country since 9/11) and Professional Conference and Management Association meeting in Dallas hosted by Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau resulting in 48 conventions and meetings and over $320 MM in business booked in Dallas after convention.
- Implemented work reassignment program to recruit, train and manage over 300 shifts for State Fair of Texas Service; received DART’s Gold Star Award in December 2010. Planned and executed thirty pre-opening and opening day events attracting thousands at station openings in September 2009 and December 2010.
- Increased DART Store retail sales by 13.5% in 2010 to over $2 MM and implemented customer service training program.
April 2007 to October 2008
Marketing consultant, writer, podcaster, editor, photographer and educator.
- Producing and hosting podcast featuring role models, writers and opinion leaders. Columnist for ezine published online in United Kingdom. Substitute teacher in Dallas Independent School District to garner understanding of challenges facing public schools for my writing.
April 2004 to March 2007
Field Account Supervisor
Developed marketing programs and promotions for Denny’s Restaurants Field Marketing Department supporting 1,500 restaurants in the U.S. and Canada. Implemented broadcast and print campaigns. Analyzed economic trends and competitive activities. Produced market plans and developed local store marketing programs.
- Designed and implemented promotions with tourism industry, athletic teams, colleges and universities, attractions and beef and dairy councils that built sales and guest counts. Promotion with Visit Florida and Florida Attractions Association tied-in 120 Florida Denny’s, 35 attractions and 4 Florida Welcome Centers.
- Conducted research on competitor gift card utilization, coffee enhancement program, traveler marketing options and competitive promotions; resulted in enhanced gift card program launch, improved coffee program rollout, multiple tourism tie-ins. Developed national newspaper co-op insert program – strongest performance of 2006 national direct response programs with highest redemptions and redemption rates as well as lowest cost per redemption; improved sales and guest counts.
MOROCH PARTNERS / MIDAS
November 2000 to April 2004
Regional Marketing Manager
Analyzed and developed marketing plans for 225 Midas automotive repair shops in 42 DMAs (markets) with annual budget of $2MM. Moved from Midas to agency in November 2001 when agency took over field marketing function.
- Conducted field test of courtesy vehicle program as competitive differentiation; improved value perception. Championed concept of maintenance being future of Midas; developed marketing plans for markets having highest maintenance product mix in Midas system.
September 1999 to November 2000
Marketing consultant, writer, photographer and publicist.
- Consulting producer to “Evening Talk Show” on KERA-FM, Dallas NPR station. Published newspaper commentaries, and magazine articles. National steering committee member for website that generated over 60 MM hits garnering national media attention – personal appearances on television, radio and in print.
AFC ENTERPRISES, INC.
March 1995 to August 1999
Regional Marketing Manager
Analyzed and developed advertising, marketing and promotional plans for 230 Popeyes Restaurants in 24 DMAs.
- Developed media guidelines for chain and regional advertising agencies to ensure consistent regional agency media planning and placement; supervised 3 advertising agency searches. Achieved highest 1997 regional sales percent increases of 5.5%.
July 1992 to March 1995
Marketing consultant, and writer/photographer under contract with Dupree/Miller & Associates literary agents.
- Developed complete marketing effort for Fajita Junction including marketing plan, advertising plan, creative production, promotions and local store marketing. Editorial consultant and contributed written profiles and photographs to American Library Association award winning book, Uncommon Heroes, published June 1994.
LONG JOHN SILVERS
September 1991 to July 1992
Field Marketing Manager
Developed and analyzed field marketing activities for 120 Long John Silver’s company restaurants in 10 DMAs.
- Budgeted and directed advertising expenditures of $4.5MM and grew sales by 8% in my markets.
July 1987 to September 1991
Senior Marketing Manager
Developed marketing plans for 150 Bonanza Restaurants in 34 DMAs. Worked with 7 local ad agencies to plan, execute and evaluate advertising programs. Promoted from Regional Marketing Manager in August 1989.
- Conducted 2 agency reviews and developed menu and market plans for entry into United Kingdom.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Binghamton, New York